Saturday 17 October 2009

Hemlock Stems in Autumn

Walking today nearby I came across these hemlock stems, what fantastic structures especially lit by the sunshine. Last year I sketched out a design with a hemlock seed-head and it's waiting to be made into a felt piece, although getting the detail of the lines will be a challenge, I think that's why I haven't made it yet!

My artist friend Tammy has just finished a linocut reduction of hemlock, which involves cutting away more of the design from the lino with each colour printed, I think the effect is lovely. She and I try to keep each other sane and meet up as often as we can for mutual support, coffee and chattering, check out her beautiful prints and paintings at her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails