Friday, 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you all!

Look who I found singing loudly in the garden this morning:

And some signs of new growth emerging from the frozen earth:

I am hoping this year to remember to focus on taking joy from the moment and day I am in, rather than just rushing around from one thing to the next. It's so easy to think about the list of tasks I have lined up ahead of me instead of being able to relax for ten minutes to have a coffee, think creative thoughts, or have a wander up the garden in the sunshine and appreciate the flowers.
And I'm definitely going to make the most of stroking my cat while he's still around - he's even more sleepy than ever so needs plenty of time being cuddled on a lap!

I hope 2010 brings much contentment and fulfilment to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Your photos made me smile too. Wipso and I have a thing about robins so I am sure she will comment. Enjoy the "moment" of every day - Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right she will comment. Your Robin is just perfect. I have 2 pairs [one at the front of the house and another at the back]. The pair on the front will almost feed out of my hand and are never put of by all the coming and going of my customers. I love them.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just so pleased to see him up in the tree, and hear him singing so beautifully! I don't encourage birds too close to the house because of the cat (the tree is in the middle of the garden!), how lovely that yours are so friendly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails