Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you all!

Look who I found singing loudly in the garden this morning:

And some signs of new growth emerging from the frozen earth:

I am hoping this year to remember to focus on taking joy from the moment and day I am in, rather than just rushing around from one thing to the next. It's so easy to think about the list of tasks I have lined up ahead of me instead of being able to relax for ten minutes to have a coffee, think creative thoughts, or have a wander up the garden in the sunshine and appreciate the flowers.
And I'm definitely going to make the most of stroking my cat while he's still around - he's even more sleepy than ever so needs plenty of time being cuddled on a lap!

I hope 2010 brings much contentment and fulfilment to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Your photos made me smile too. Wipso and I have a thing about robins so I am sure she will comment. Enjoy the "moment" of every day - Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too right she will comment. Your Robin is just perfect. I have 2 pairs [one at the front of the house and another at the back]. The pair on the front will almost feed out of my hand and are never put of by all the coming and going of my customers. I love them.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just so pleased to see him up in the tree, and hear him singing so beautifully! I don't encourage birds too close to the house because of the cat (the tree is in the middle of the garden!), how lovely that yours are so friendly!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails